Spread the Words
Mladinska knjiga Publishing House (Partner)
- Books and Reading / Literary Translation
- 59.892,73 EUR (3. leto - FPA III/3)
59.973,32 EUR (1st year)
58.405,13 EUR (2nd year)
59.892,73 EUR (3rd year)
- January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 Completed
Project duration: 1. 1. 2021–31. 12. 2021 (3rd year)
EU support: Category 2 – Framework Partnership Agreement (FPA): 59.973,32 EUR (1st year); 58.405,13 EUR (2nd year); 59.892,73 EUR (3rd year)
List of works:
– Andrej Rozman: Čofli. Translated from Slovene into English by Martin Rawley Grau.
– Dino Buzzati: La famosa invasione degli orsi in Sicilia. Translated from Italian into Slovene by Veronika Simoniti.
– Goran Marković: Beogradski trio. Translated from Serbian into Slovene by Urban Vovk.
– Gregor von Rezzori: Denkwurdigkeiten eines Antisemiten. Translated from German into Slovene by Ana Jasmina Oseban.
– Leila Slimani: Le pays des autres. Translated from French into Slovene by Saša Jerele.
– Mats Strandberg: Slutet. Translated from Swedish into Slovene by Lucija Stupica Enbohm.
– Reka Man-Varhegyi: Magneshegy*. Translated from Hungarian into Slovene by Marjanca Mihelič.
– Renia Spiegel: Dziennik 1939-1942. Translated from Polish into Slovene by Jana Unuk.
– Saša Stanišić: Herkunft. Translated from German into Slovene by Urška P. Černe.
– Simona Semenič: Skrivno društvo KRVZ. Translated from Slovene into German by Daniela Kocmut.
The leading objective of this 3-year translation project is to SPREAD THE WORDS and the awareness of extraordinary European literature, and in doing so reach not just existing, but also new audience among readers of different age groups, as well as professionals in the book industry (librarians, teachers, booksellers). We believe this is one of the essential tasks of modern publishing, where books are in most cases unnoticed after publication.
The project will therefore ensure a continuous production of high-quality literary works, a restructuring of existent selling, promotional and marketing channels, and technological upgrades that will improve the user experience and enable easier access to books for our readers.
In order to reach new audience also outside Slovenia, an important, pioneering part of the project is dedicated to translation of Slovenian authors into other European languages; initially within the very strong field of children’s and young adult fiction. This will play an essential long-term role in the promotion of these (and other Slovenian) titles and authors throughout the duration of the project, as well as in the years 2021 and 2022, when Slovenia is the guest of honour in Bologna and Frankfurt respectively.