On-the-Fly: Fostering Live Coding practices across Europe
Ljudmila Art and Science Laboratory (Partner)
- Multimedia and New Technologies
- 331.595 EUR
- October 1, 2020 - September 30, 2022 Completed
On the Fly project supports the development of the European live coding practice, a performing art and a creative technique centred in writing computer programmes in real time. The partnership motivation and conviction is that live coding represents an important and broad set of opportunities for the creative sector, computer science and humanities.
On the Fly fosters the strengthening of the European live coding community by promoting practice and research across arts, computer science, and technology.
The general objective of the project is to promote the development and visibility of live coding in Europe as a performing digital practice by using critical perspectives that empower the performers and the public. The specific objectives are:
1. To strengthen cooperation within the EU live coding community by supporting transnational sharing of expertise and exchange of artistic experiences, taking into account its diversity, knowledge and learning needs.
2. To promote the visibility and dissemination of live coding practices and artistic performances in Europe by bringing the general public closer to technology and arts, with particular focus on students of computer science and art and young people (aged 15-25).
3. To stimulate European interdisciplinary cooperation on live coding research and artistic practices by supporting networking and collaboration among researchers and performers for mutual learning and advancement of the EU live coding investigation.
Building on the heterogeneous composition of the European live coding communities in the partner countries, the project brings together performers from different backgrounds to push forwards new creative directions for understanding and using technology as a new form of expression.
Ljudmila Art and Science Laboratory(Partner)
All projects of Slovenian producer
Foreign producers in the supported project
Fundacio Privada AAVC (leader)Spain (EU)
Stichting Creative Coding Utrecht (partner)Netherlands (EU)
Zentrum für Kunst und Medien Karlsruhe (partner)Germany (EU)