What is Creative Europe?
Creative Europe is the European Commission’s flagship programme to support the culture and audiovisual sectors. Creative Europe invests in actions that reinforce cultural diversity and respond to the needs and challenges of the cultural and creative sectors. The programme 2021-2027 has a budget of € 2.44 billion and will contribute to the recovery of these sectors, reinforcing their efforts to become more inclusive, more digital and environmentally more sustainable.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
- safeguard, develop and promote European cultural and linguistic diversity and heritage;
- increase the competitiveness and economic potential of the cultural and creative sectors, in particular the audiovisual sector.
Creative Europe is divided in 3 strands.
- CULTURE strand: Initiatives promoting and enhancing artistic and cultural cooperation at European level.
- MEDIA strand: Actions encouraging the competiveness, innovation and sustainability of the European audiovisual sector.
- CROSS-SECTORAL strand: Initiatives promoting innovative actions and collaborations across the audiovisual and cultural sectors.
Who can participate?
The Creative Europe programme is open to cultural and creative organisations from EU Member States, as well as non-EU countries. Subject to certain conditions, countries of the European Economic Area, candidate/potential candidate countries and European Neighbourhood Policy countries can also participate in the programme. Find more information about eligible countries.
More detailed information on the application process and Call of proposals is available on the Funding & tender opportunities portal (FTOP). Applicants can also be supported by the Creative Europe Desks.