Spread the Words (II)
Mladinska knjiga Publishing House (Leader)
- Creative Europe (2014 -2020) - Culture
- Books and Reading / Literary Translation
59.973,32 EUR (FPA 1st year)
58.405,13 EUR (FPA 2nd year)
59.892,73 EUR (FPA 3rd year)
- January 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021 Completed
The leading objective of this 3-year translation project is to SPREAD THE WORDS and the awareness of extraordinary European literature, and in doing so reach not just existing, but also new audience among readers of different age groups, as well as professionals in the book industry (librarians, teachers, booksellers). We believe this is one of the essential tasks of modern publishing, where books are in most cases unnoticed after publication.
The project will therefore ensure a continuous production of high-quality literary works, a restructuring of existent selling, promotional and marketing channels, and technological upgrades that will improve the user experience and enable easier access to books for our readers.
In order to reach new audience also outside Slovenia, an important, pioneering part of the project is dedicated to translation of Slovenian authors into other European languages; initially within the very strong field of children’s and young adult fiction. This will play an essential long-term role in the promotion of these (and other Slovenian) titles and authors throughout the duration of the project, as well as in the years 2021 and 2022, when Slovenia is the guest of honour in Bologna and Frankfurt respectively.
List of works:
1. Tisja Kljaković Braić: Oni. Translation from Croatian: Đurđa Strsoglavec.
2. Edward St. Aubyn: Some hope. Translation from English: Uroš Kalčič.
3. Paolo Giordano: Divorare el Cielo. Translation from Italian: Anita Jadrič.
4. Sarah Crossan: One. Translation from English: Ana Barič Moder.
5. Ivo Andrić: Travnička hronika. Translation from Serbian: Đurđa Strsoglavec.
6. Toon Tellegen: Het verlangen van de egel. Translation from Dutch: Staša Pavlović.
7. Tomaš Zmeškal: Milostni dopis klinovym pismem. Translation from Czech: Nives Vidrih.
8. Anne Gavalda: 35 kilos d’espoir. Translation from French Boris Jukić.
9. Anja Štefan: Drobtine iz mišje doline. Translation from Slovene into English Nada Grošelj.
10. Anja Štefan: Čmrlj in piščalka. Translation from Slovene into English Nada Grošelj