Rewilding Cultures (RC)
Projekt Atol Institute (Leader)
- Creative Europe (2021–2027) - CULTURE
- Multimedia and New Technologies
- June 1, 2022 - May 30, 2026 In Progress
The project brings together partners from eight EU countries with common interests in research at the intersection of art and science, or at the interface between art and technology development, and in particular in shared values and methods for building the capacity of creative communities through the international mobility of artists, researchers and technologists.
The project has three thematic pillars:
- In the first, the partners form a network of international events for research and co-creation in the field of arts, technologies and communities. The common characteristic of these events is that they are not traditional formats, but hybrid forms of events that are deliberately located in remote environments, far from the usual urban venues of contemporary creative hubs, allowing them to focus on process activities such as peer learning, fieldwork, research and co-creation, rather than on the presentation of finished works of art.
- The second pillar of the project is the research-oriented residency programmes, which offer development, community and research work.
- The third thematic pillar relates to information and knowledge sharing mechanisms. These include a series of publications, an international conference bringing together practice and theory, and a clear media strategy.
These three content pillars are intertwined with horizontal actions, with mechanisms for continuous innovation and future-proofing of the developments we are setting up in the project: on the one hand, the project is thus focusing on developing more environmentally sustainable futures, and on the other hand, on developing measures to make our events more inclusive and accessible. These values of the project are further disseminated through the Green and Inclusive Mobility Call, which helps to link similar hybrid event formats to events within as well outside our (core) consortium.
Projekt Atol Institute(Leader)
All projects of Slovenian producer
Foreign producers in the supported project
Schmiede Hallein (partner)Austria (EU)
Cultivamos Cultura (partner)Portugal (EU)
IURC (partner)Greece (EU)
Helsingor Kommune (partner)Denmark (EU)
RADIONA (partner)Croatia (EU)
Finnish Society of Bioart (FBAS) (partner)Finland (EU)
ART2M / Makery (partner)France (EU)