PANG – Performing Arts for Next Generation. Instruction to fight the doomsday.
Pionirski dom – Center za kulturo mladih (Partner)
- Creative Europe (2021–2027) - CULTURE
- Performing Arts (Theatre, Dance, Music)
- September 1, 2022 - August 31, 2024 In Progress
PANG – Performing Arts for Next Generation. Instruction to fight the doomsday responds to the problems of marginalisation and social unease among EU youngsters by activating their participation in the artistic creation process through the use of performing arts as a mean of relationship and confrontation to break down the geographical boundaries and sense of isolation generated by the pandemic situation.
Indeed, the current Covid-19 emergency increased insecurity for all of us but especially for youngsters, forced to renounce to their social and cultural life. According to the study “The effects of COVID-19 on young people’s mental health and psychological well-being” commissioned by the Youth Partnership–EC & Council of Europe in the Field of Youth (Dec2020), teenagers are one of the sections of the population most affected by the measures taken to deal with the health crisis. Thus, the PANG main objective is to tackle the COVID-19-related crisis by building a new active audience for performing arts, involving youngsters into the co-creative transnational process based on the pandemic experience that will bring to the creation of several artistic co-productions on the common theme “The end of the world”.
The project will be implemented by 4 EU organizations coming from Italy, Portugal, Slovenia and Estonia active in different performing arts sectors. It will last 24 months, following 4 main phases:
1) Creation of youngsters local teams in the 4 countries and activation of workshops with artists, according to the partners’ favourite artistic field (theatre, music, improvisation, dance), so to make the ateliers multidisciplinary.
2) Production and staging of local performances on the theme “The end of the world”, as final outcomes of the workshops in each country.
3) Co-production of the PANG installation, through a transnational artists’ residency in Estonia.
4) Rehearsing and staging of the PANG installation in all the countries.
Pionirski dom – Center za kulturo mladih(Partner) Pionirski dom Centre for Youth Culture, which has been in operation since 1963, is a public institute in the field of culture and a leading institution in the field of extracurricular activities.
All projects of Slovenian producer
Foreign producers in the supported project
Drama Teatro (partner)Italy (EU)
Glocalmusic (partner)Portugal (EU)
Soltumatu Tantsu Uhendus (partner)Estonia (EU)