Second open call Culture Moves Europe for individual mobility
Culture Moves Europe’s second call for individual mobility targets artists and cultural professionals working in the following sectors: music, literature, architecture, cultural heritage, design and fashion design, visual arts and performing arts. Application deadline from 2 October 2023 to 31 May 2024.
The Culture Moves Europe Individual Mobility Action supports artists and cultural professionals to carry out a project with a partner of their choice in another Creative Europe country. The call is open to individuals and groups of up to 5 people, who wish to implement projects lasting between 7 to 60 days for individuals and 7 to 21 days for the groups. The grant contributes to travel and subsistence costs, and offers additional top-ups based on grantees’ individual situation.
Artists and cultural professionals can apply with a proposal to carry out a project with a partner of their choice in a Creative Europe country which is not their country of residence.
The project should pursue two of the following goals:
- to explore: to conduct creative and artistic research, to investigate, inspire and work on a specific theme or a new concept;
- to create: to engage in a creative process seeking to produce a new piece of artistic/cultural work;
- to learn: to enhance the participants’ competences and skills through non-formal learning or collaboration with a specialist;
- to connect: to develop a professional network, to strengthen the participants’ professional development, to engage with new audiences.
Culture Moves Europe’s individual mobility action is opening three rolling calls between October 2022 and January 2025:
- First call: from 10 October 2022 to 31 May 2023
- Second call: from 2 October 2023 to 31 May 2024
- Third call: from Autumn 2024 to Winter 2024
The Call for individual mobility is a rolling call – which means that applications are evaluated, and grants awarded every month.
As the Goethe-Institut is the institution implementing Culture Moves Europe, applications are processed through the Goethe-Application Portal.
For further information see European Commission and Goethe Institut websites, the Call document is available here. Follow FB @CultureMovesEurope.
With a budget of €21 million, Culture Moves Europe offers mobility grants to around 7,000 artists, cultural professionals and host organisations from 2022 to 2025. Funded by the creative Europe programme of the European Union, Culture Moves Europe is implemented by the Goethe-Institut. The scheme consists of two action lines: individual mobility (for individuals and groups of up to five persons) and residencies.