Τhe University of Western Macedonia is a multi-campus university in Northwestern Greece. It was established on 2004 by four departments that had previously formed part of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Department of Fine and Applied Arts is looking for partners to create a platform that will promote performance art in Europe, contribute to the mobility, education and professional development of performance artists and augment performance art’s audience. Part of this proposal is the creation of a European Performance Biennial, which will contribute to the structure of a European strategy in performance for EU.
Expected results of the platform
Greater visibility and recognition of performance art by audiences.
Augmentation of professional opportunities and mobility for performance artists.
Professional, educational and research utilization of the platform-directory produced.
1. Lead Partner: University of Western Macedonia, School of Fine Arts, Department of Fine and Applied Arts (Greece)
2. Montagne Froide/Cold Mountain (France)
3. Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (GB)
4. Open Systems (Austria)
5. University of Castilla-La Mancha (Spain)
6. Ghent University, Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, Research centre S:PAM (Studies in Performing Arts & Media) (Belgium)
7. ANTI festival (Finland)
8. Studio Contemporaneo Cultural (Performance Art Week) (Italy)
9. Jan Matejko Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow, Faculty of Intermedia (Poland)
10. Bbeyond festival (GB)
Paraskevi Tarani, Architect – Urban planner,
T: +30 6974733662