The opening is planned between October & November 2006. It would last one year.
– The main part would comprise paintings, sculptures etc. with the images of Saint: his life and legends (e.g. Sermon for the birds etc.), plus Italian, Polish and other? European paintings of XIII, XIV and XV centuries to show the humanistic influence of San Francesco’s ideas.
– Conferences (pre-renaissance in medieval Europe initiated by San Francesco and St. Thomas Aquinus) led by historian of art from Catholic University of Lublin, performances (mysteries), workshops and exhibition of Bethlehem’s Sheds would accompany it.
– Exhibition would go to different places (we have already contacted Assisi Treasury and Fred Mason-Perkins Collection of the Convent).
– The honorary patronage of Upper-Silesian Archbishop and Ambassador of Italy is planned.
– We also plan multimedia show of Assisi (tradition) and Tychy (modernism) architecture designs. Very new Franciscan monastery in Tychy is designed by country’s famous architect Stanislaw Niemczyk, well known in Poland and outside for his church architecture (combining modernism with tradition, in that case Saint’s Grave in Assisi, San Damiano’s Cross, Santa Maria degli Angeli-Porciuncola).
Jacek Debski (Curator of the project)