The Faculty of Philosophy in Banja Luka was established by the Law on Universities, which was adopted by the National Assembly of Republika Srpska on July 12, 1993. The first generation of students at the Faculty of Philosophy in Banja Luka began their academic studies in 1994/1995.
In Banja Luka, in 1925, began the work of the Teacher’s School, and in 1950, the Higher Pedagogical School, which in 1969 grew into the Pedagogical Academy, and continued in 1994 as a Faculty of Philosophy. The Faculty had ten departments: 1. Serbian Language and Literature, 2. History (History and Latin), 3. Pedagogy, 4. Mathematics and Informatics, 5. Geography (Geography and Ethnology), 6. English Language and Literature, 7 Philosophy and Sociology, 8. Psychology, 9. Physics, and 10. Biology.
After all the changes, there are now six study programs at the Faculty of Philosophy: Philosophy, History, Pedagogy, Psychology, Teacher Education and Preschool Education. The Faculty of Philosophy has about 2,000 students in all three cycles of study, and it employs about 80 teachers and associates.
Projekt Through music through schools
The project was conceived as an international one where the partners of the institution of culture (music schools, faculties, ensembles) will present didactic concerts that will be composed of World Heritage compositions as well as national songs and artistic compositions with elements of folklore and tradition.
Each partner will present their program in primary schools in another country as part of their national music culture.
The aim is to get students acquainted with their own and the traditions of other peoples of Europe through an interactive didactic concert specifically designed for the project and to encourage institutions and individuals to engage in cultural and performing collaboration.