Project duration: 1 January 2021–31 December 2022
List of works:
– Klarisa Jovanović: Telovadec Nikolaj užene tolovaja / El gimnasta Nikolai espanta al ladrón. Translation from Slovene into Spanish by Juan Kruz Igerabide and Barbara Pregelj
– Juan Kruz Igerabide: Ur: euriaren liburua / Ur: knjiga o dežju. Translation from Basque into Slovene: Barbara Pregelj and Peter Svetina
– Joxe Luis Peixoto: O meu che chovia / Mama, ki je deževala. Translation from Portuguese into Slovene by Urška Rupar Vrbinc
– Sophie Dall: Au grand lavoir / V veliki pralnici*. Translation from French into Slovene by Mateja Seliškar Kenda
– Kristina Gudonyte: Blogos mergaites dienoraštis / Dnevnik poredne punce. Translation from Lithuanian into Slovene by Klemen Pisk
– Fleur Jaeggy: Proleterka / Proleterka: Translation from Italian into Slovene by Gašper Malej
– Lisa Hyder: Om dagen tar slut / Če se bo dan končal. Translation from Swedish into Slovene by Iva Klemenčič
The project publishes, promotes and contextualizes seven high quality European literary works of minority and/or less known literatures, most of them written in lesser used languages and awarded at national and international level. Leading authors from Portugal, the Basque Country, Lithuania, Sweden, France, Italy and Slovenia are translated into Slovenian and Spanish by renowned translators.
The genres of the selected works are different (poetry, short stories, novel) and so is their public (children, youth, young adults and adults) and the promotion. The promotion includes various activities in Europe and Latin America: reading tours of writers, translators and illustrators, round tables (live and virtual), interactive webinars, reading promotion project Leo, leo and Open Book: GG4U, translation of excerpts into Spanish and English, video promotions, trailers etc.
All published books are designed in accordance with the recommendations for dyslexic readers in order to facilitate reading for all readers.