Project leader: Centre de la Marionnette de la Communauté Française de Belgique (BE)
Project partners: Action Culturelle du Val de Lorraine (FR), Puppet Theatre Ljubljana (SI), Teatrul Municipal Tony Bulandra (RO)
The N.A.P.P. project reunites for recognized European institutions that have skills in the field of puppetry arts, in Belgium, Slovenia, Romania and France. Puppetry is well represented in those areas, in terms of heritage, but also in terms of research or contemporary creation. In those countries, digital arts are in the first lines for the future cultural priorities.
Puppetry arts and digital arts can meet in different ways, but it is quite rare and restrictive.
Partners have to reach several goals:
– To develop skills and own practical knowledge in the puppetry field.
– To retain new audiences to the arts of puppetry by digital practices.
– To help young puppeteers specialised in digital art to become professionals.
– To bring new hybrid experimentation between puppetry and new technology.
– To make artists travel through the European territory so technical exchange and international careers can be boosted.
– To federate European digital and puppet’s institutions to create innovative projects together.
These goals will be achievable thanks to several crossed actions: research laboratory, workshop, residencies, shows, school for spectators…
N.A.P.P. is concerned about accessibility to Culture and new digital technologies, in a European context, but also in a national and local context.
This new collaboration will bring the project to a larger area, to a wider variety of European institutions for partnerships, and this for a longer amount of time.
Project duration: 1 July 2017–31 December 2019