Mediapro is a leading group in the European audiovisual sector, unmatched in the integration of content, audiovisual production and distribution, with global operations through its 58 offices on 4 continents. Mediaurban and Mediapro are also heavily involved in developing activities in the fields of city making, design and implementation of cultural spaces applying the very latest technology and the organization of major cultural events.
Project: The Culture of Cohabiting
The project will carry out extensive academic research on the diversity in the ways of inhabiting that are inherent to the different cultures living in Europe today. This research has a twofold objective:
1. To find innovative, efficient, and inclusive solutions to accommodate the migration phenomenon in European cities.
2. To produce a diverse set of state-of-the-art contents for communication and dissemination, as to stimulate understanding and reinforce diversity in our built environments.
The research will focus on the fields of housing and public space. Ways of inhabiting domestic environments will be studied in order to provide solutions at different scales and in different forms. Main study themes might include:
– Refugee camps and temporary housing,
– Housing crisis in global cities,
– Inclusive typologies and domestic spaces,
– Regulatory flexibility and adaptation in the construction sector,
– Cultural public spaces, etc.
The project will be divided into three main phases:
– A process of debate and content creation through working groups, seminars, and conferences with project partners and renowned experts from different academic fields.
– A travelling exhibition in five major European cities (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Athens) with designed, produced, and curated content by project partners.
– A process of consolidation and major dissemination through the creation of ‘The Culture of Cohabiting’ knowledge-sharing platform and documentary.
See more attached (.doc).
E: firstname.lastname@example.org; T: +34 93 553 34 11