Founded in 2010, JAM SESSION is a cultural not-for-profit association that grew out of the volunteerism of several prominent national jazz figures, including musicians, producers, writers, promoters, and music lovers for the express purpose of creating and managing a live music venue in Cascais. The organization is active in the promotion dissemination of this musical genre, valuing it as both indispensable art form and a means of social inclusion. Since January 2011, we have been producing and promoting regular performances, seminars, outdoor concerts, and art exhibitions.
The Jam Session, in 2011, committed to the development of live music, specially dedicated to Jazz, Blues and Bossa Nova, and we include contemporary (visual) arts, in our art gallery inside the club facilities. However, since that period and especially from 2016 onwards, the organization’s multidisciplinary profile has resulted in developing several projects, which delve into wider cultural contexts.
The objectives of the Jam Session for the future would be:
– Rising awareness about both: intrinsic and extrinsic values of arts.
– Creating a wider program of activities in our club, scheduling more music shows during the week, afternoon cinema, art exhibitions, etc.
– Engaging international musicians and contemporary artists by facilitating their transnational mobility and creative entrepreneurs.
– Supporting interdisciplinary projects amongst the representatives of the arts world and the representatives of other fields, initiating the creation of experimental and new business models.
– Providing critical analysis of the current art processes and initiating respective theoretical and practical research projects.
– Developing Workshops for young people to learn more about jazz music and by consequence developing their skills and talent as musicians.
See more (.pdf).
Contact: Maria Viana
T: +351 962 773 470