Strand 1.1: Multi-annual cooperation projects (lasting from a minimum of 36 months to a maximum of 60 months)
The category seeks to foster multi-annual, trans-national cultural links by encouraging a minimum of six cultural operators from at least six countries taking part in the Programme to cooperate and work within and across sectors to develop joint cultural activities over a period of three to five years. Funds of between a minimum of EUR 200 000 and a maximum of EUR 500 000 per year are available, but EU support is limited to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible cost. The funding is intended to help set up or extend the geographical reach of a project and make it sustainable beyond the funding period.
Strand 1.2.1: Cooperation projects (lasting up to twenty-four months)
The category concerns actions shared by at least three cultural operators, working within and across sectors, from at least three countries taking part in the Programme over a maximum period of two years. Actions that explore means of long-term cooperation are especially targeted. Funds ranging from a minimum of EUR 50 000 and a maximum of EUR 200 000 are available, but EU support is limited to a maximum of 50% of the total eligible cost.
2. Who can apply
The Programme is open to the participation of all categories of cultural operators, insofar as the organisations are acting in a non-profit-making capacity.
To be eligible, applicants must have their head office in one of the countries taking part in the Programme.
The countries taking part in the Programme are:
– the Member States of the European Union (27),
– the countries of the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway);
– the applicant countries for accession to the European Union (Croatia, Turkey, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia), Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Albania.
3. Award criteria
Awarding a grant is not only dependent on assessment of the eligibility, exclusion and selection criteria. The final selection decision will be determined on the basis of the type of proposal submitted (annual operating grant or partnership) assessed on the basis of the award criteria:
(1) the extent to which the project can generate real European added value
(2) the relevance of the activities to the specific objectives of the Programme
(3) the extent to which the proposed activities are designed and can be carried out successfully with a high level of excellence
(4) the quality of partnership between coordinator and co-organisers
(5) the extent to which the activities can produce outputs which achieve the objectives of the Programme
(6) the extent to which the results of proposed activities will be appropriately communicated and promoted
(7) the extent to which the activities can generate a long lasting impact (sustainability)
4. Deadline for applications
The application must be sent at the latest by 12:00 CEST on 07/11/2012 (e-form). You must send all the documents by post at the latest on 07/11/2012 (the postmark serves as proof) to the Executive Agency at, at the following address:
Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency
Culture Programme (2007–2013)
Programme Strand (specifiy)
Avenue du Bourget 1
B – 1140 Brussels Belgium
More information: EACEA