Jam Session Cultural Association is looking for partners for a small-scale cooperation project in the fields of audience development, music, and young people. Ideally, partners should be institutions or organisations interested in working with artists from all over the world, in the mentioned fields.
Organisation: Jam Session Cultural Association
CASCAIS JAZZ CLUB is brought to you by the JAM SESSION Cultural Association, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to bringing live jazz to Cascais four nights a week. We are a cosy little club with excellent acoustics located in downtown Cascais. There is jazz, occasional blues, and Bossa Nova. Founded in 2010, JAM SESSION is a cultural not-for-profit association that grew out of the volunteerism of several prominent national jazz figures, including musicians, producers, writers, promoters, and music lovers for the express purpose of creating and managing a live music venue in Cascais. The organization is active in the promotion dissemination of this musical genre, valuing it both as indispensable art form and a means of social inclusion. Since January 2011, we have been producing and promoting regular performances, seminars, outdoor concerts, and art exhibitions.
The cultural scene in the Greater Lisbon area is constantly facing new challenges, both in diversity and funding. The Cascais Jazz Club was created by the Jam Session organization has attempted to face those challenges since 2010 as a not-for-profit, non-government supported organization. Since our inception we have been dedicated to the presentation and development of live music, particularly the genres of Jazz, Blues, and Bossa Nova. We have also provided gallery space for a variety of visual artists. Since 2016 we have also worked hard to develop several additional projects to broaden our cultural horizons:
– Exposing the public to both the intrinsic and extrinsic value of the arts.
– Broadening the scope of presentations in our club to include more shows.
– Welcoming more international musicians to interact with our Portuguese musicians.
– Supporting interdisciplinary projects among the representatives of the arts world and the representatives of other fields, initiating the creation of experimental and new business models.
– Providing critical analysis of the current art processes and initiating respective theoretical and practical research projects.
– Sponsoring workshops for young people to learn more about jazz music and by consequently nurturing their skills and talents as future musicians.
See more attached (.pdf).
Contact: Maria Viana
T: +351 962 773 470 W: www.cascaisjazzclub.pt