Urban Planning Institute of the Republic of Slovenia (UIRS) and partners host a 5-day in international event Public spaces for local life addressing participatory planning of local urban public space in socially, economically and ethnically increasingly diverse communities. Special emphasis will be given to the means of revealing shared values that local inhabitants and other users of local environments have in common, and are an important base for collaborative improvements of local environments.
The international event is organized within the framework of the European project Human Cities_Challenging the City Scale, supported by the Creative Europe programme, and by UIRS with cooperation of Human Cities partners as well as other partners and supporters:
* AESOP / Association of European Schools of Planning, Thematic Group for Public Spaces and Urban Cultures
* Faculty of Architecture, University of Ljubljana
* Lafarge cement Ltd.
* Museum for Architecture and Design – MAO
* Posavje District of the Municipality of Ljubljana
* Primary school Danile Kumar, Ljubljana
* Skupaj na ploščad! local civil initiative
* TSK Studio as landscape design illustration
The registration and activities will be held in english and free of charge with the exception of some additional events organiyed by MAO in the context of the biennial of design BIO 25 / Faraway, so close.
Please register at the web page by using the appropriate online form and mark the activities that you would like to attend. Please mind that you will have to register the activities organised by MAO once more within MAO’s registration website.